Sunday, July 26, 2009

And, The Winner Is . . . .

This word quiz reminds me of the time I entered a coloring contest at the age of 14. Tickets to see the premier of Gone With The Wind were on the line. I proudly turned in my entry to the Strand Theatre and found out some days later that I had won! Not sure when it dawned on me that I was probably the only entry in my age group.

In a similiar fashion only one of our bloggers submitted their answers for our Zambian word challenge. Micah, congratulations~the check is in the mail!

Answers~

1) pocket--usually a net bag that holds onions or potatoes
2) lay bye--a rest stop; or, a layaway plan
3) top up--to refill one's cell phone with talk time
4) chemist--pharmacist
5) football pitch--soccer field
6) dairy whip--a type of ice cream
7) softie--soft drink, pop, soda
8) braai--barbecue
9) plaster--bandaid
10)humps--speed bumps

1 comment:

JoHannah said...

Oh man - if I'd known there was a cash prize, I would have played! :)