Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Escargot, Anyone?

One of our early morning routines is to walk around the outside of the house and pluck snails off the walls. Why? Thrust from the ground during the rainy season, these nasty critters leave their mark~snail poo. Left alone, their excrement stains a house's paint job. I even found a small snail inside the front door one morning~bold creature! After we pluck them off, they go sailing several hundred feet, hopefully to never return.

The copyright for this picture goes to Tracy who had a surge of creativity the other day. I thought it was rather clever. Make you hungry?

2 comments:

Micah Singleton said...

I will be contacting SHT(Snail for Humane Treatment) as soon as I can fight through the tears. How could you do this to such innocent, peace-loving creatures? I am fairly certain that once SHT gets wind of this, they will be shutting you down once and for all!

JoHannah said...

I was so relieved to read your post after seeing the picture. I was terribly afraid you'd been reduced to actually eating them!