Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Welcome To Action Camera Institute

After shopping and running errands this past Wednesday I needed to wait for Tracy while he finished teaching at ABI. I had taken the camera in anticipation of having some extra time and thought I'd capture some new snaps of the class. As I was strolling around the room taking pictures, Tracy stopped and with a chuckle told the pastors a story of when he and I were students at Moody Bible Institute, back in the dark ages. MBI received a surprise visit from the Reverend Billy Graham during chapel service. When students realized he was there, cameras started flashing (no digitals in those days). Of course, someone had to have found out he was coming since we didn't usually bring cameras to chapel. After everyone returned to their seats, the famous preacher wryly smiled and said, "They ought to rename this Moody Camera Institute!" So Tracy suggested we rename ABI and call it Action Camera Institue in light of my camera antics. The pastors got a good laugh out of that story, so I thought you would, too.











1 comment:

Bruce said...

Thanks for posting these pictures-- it's great to get to look in on this ministry, and it really seems like you've got a nice setting for these classes.