Thursday, June 14, 2007

Near and Far

Last year when we were seeking God about our call to Africa I
needed encouragement regarding the leaving of our
children. One day in my devotions, and again today, I came across a verse in Jeremiah 23:23, which reads, "'Am I a God who is near,'" declares the Lord, 'and not a God far off?'" As I thought about that verse I was comforted. God will be God to my children and grandchildren here in the states even though we are in Africa.

The first picture is of Tracy and our son, Micah, on a visit in February. Underneath is one of his wife, Marie, and two of our grandsons, Jude and Atticus, on Halloween. Atty is dressed up as a monkey. Initially he was terrified of the costume, but, later came
to love it. Fireman Jude is fascinated with anything on wheels and can name any vehicle in Auto Trader magazine. To see a picture of our third grandson, check out the May 23rd blog post.
Our daughter, Audrey, and her husband, Keith are pictured here in our backyard on a day we played bocce ball. Audrey and Keith
live in Palatine with their adorable pug, Dobby.
That same Thanksgiving week we borrowed frisbee golf discs and
drove to Sinnissippi Park where we played eighteen holes, rather baskets. Audrey babysat Dobby while the rest of us battled for the "green jacket." I throw a disc fairly straight but not very far. Neal won the game that day with Tracy, Adam, and Keith close behind. Regardless of the scores, we had a great time making memories.

I shared these pictures so you would pray for our children and grandchildren. We are entrusting them to a loving and faithfulGod, One who is near as well as far off.