"...the people who know their God will display strength and take action." (Daniel 11:32;NASB)
Monday, July 12, 2010
Faces Of Reunion
Recently 52 Singletons gathered in Sumner, MO, for a reunion. Tracy and I had come the farthest, but other long distance travelers included nieces, nephews, and our own children. Neal, Adam, and Dena Marie flew and drove from Wisconsin and Illinois. We hadn't seen them since May and it was wonderful being with them. Especially meaningful was eating together at the table, something Tracy and I have always encouraged when the kids were home.
Later that day as I reflected on our extended family eating with their families, I became a bit weepy. A bit jealous that Tracy's siblings are able to be with their children and grandchildren frequently. And, I was probably feeling sorry for myself a bit, although I didn't want to admit it then.
What Tracy said next helped me to put things into perspective. He encouraged me to look beyond this life, and to the fact that we will one day be with our children for all of eternity, not just in this life. One day, if we and our children continue to follow Christ, we will feast together forever. That really encouraged me and helped dry my tears. Praise God for my husband's insight!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment