Well, today I was out watering the roses and had just placed the sprinkler on the ground. As I made sure it was positioned correctly, my eyes met this sight. I knew I had to take pictures but I was really afraid to get too close to the furry guy. I mean, how light a sleeper is he? Plus, I'm not caught up on my rabies shots either. Are you? (He kind of looks like an upside-down, dressed chicken, doesn't he?)
He's hanging upside down on one of our rose trellis wires and for a bat I think he's rather large. Not the shrimpy things I've seen in the states. So, what do I do now? Tracy's at class and I can't reach him by phone. I don't really want the rodent with wings getting too comfortable.
I texted Mrs. Dil's gardener to see if he could come down and take care of it. (If I only had a paint can!) I have to confess that I had the brilliant idea of electrocuting it. With our tazer I touched the wire. Nothing. Hmmm, dead batteries? Good thing I'm not being assaulted right now! If anyone has a solution, I promise to name the brown fruit bat after you!
In the meantime, he's zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz-ing!
1 comment:
Sell him as a pet to an American. It will probably bring big bucks. :)
Post a Comment