
As I walked home from church today I stopped in at the orphanage to see how Chikumbutso is doing. Outside the children were playing a game quite like hopscotch, only they call it "eagle". Instead of ten squares they draw nine. Flat stones are used instead of regular rocks (I think that's quite smart as they don't roll.) Sometimes they number the squares, sometimes they don't. And, more than one player plays at a time, even as many as five!
Other than that, the rules are the same~the player must jump over the square where her rock

lands and no fair swi

tching the feet when one is hopping square to square. It's easy to see why they call it "eagle"~the horizontal patches look like eagle wings.
(By the way, the baby looks better and is more alert. He still has a rattle in his throat probably due to the thrush in his mouth.)
1 comment:
I can't not tell you how many hours I played hopscotch as a kid.
So glad the babe is doing better!
Post a Comment