Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Stateside--First Stop

During the month of May I returned to the states to visit our children and grandchildren. First stop on the trip was PA, where my daughter, son-in-law, and new grandbaby live. Born in February, Lucy met me for the first time and I have to say she's beautiful~of course, you didn't expect any other answer, did you? Lucy especially liked a song I made up about cheese~she would always smile when I sang about gouda, wendsleydale, parmesan, and cheddar. Don't ask me why~perhaps it was the sound of the words. It certainly wasn't the melody, that's for sure. Her smile reminded me of Audrey's at that age~her whole face would break into a smile!


Besides Grammatime, I was treated to supper at Outback (my favorite), a trip to a nail salon where a gal painted our toenails (my Mother's Day present), and a day at the zoo where a snow leopard and sea dragons fascinated me. A major highlight was to witness Lucy's baby dedication on May 3rd, a meaningful moment. Praise God for a sweet time with them. Next stop~Florida . . . .



No comments: