Saturday, June 6, 2009

Stateside--Third Stop


After Adam picked me up from Midway airport he took me to the store where he works~Starbucks. Yes, that makes three in our family who work for the coffee magnate.
Because Adam had visited Africa twice in the past year, I felt like I had just seen him.

The following day we went to church at New Song Evangelical Free Church where he's been attending since April. Right after the service we rushed off to Lewis University for his graduation. Graduating with degrees in psychology and human resources, he was relieved to be done with school. We later enjoyed supper out to celebrate his graduation.

On Monday we drove to Dixon where we enjoyed a visit with our
friends, the Hiltys. Our director, Tim, and his wife, Andrea, are currently home on furlough from Zambia and are living with his parents. It was really strange to see them on the western side of the hemisphere!

After driving Adam to Rockford I returned to Dixon where I spent the night with my sister and her daughter. (Actually Adam drove~he didn't think anyone who drove on the left side of the road in Africa should be on the right side in the states!) Les, Tessa, and I had a sweet time together as well that evening.

The next day our home church hosted an open house for me and I thoroughly enjoyed seeing these dear friends. Thank you, MMEFC for a wonderful time! Next stop~Wisconsin!

No comments: