Sunday, May 30, 2010

Messin' About In Boats

This Memorial Day weekend we are at our son Neal's house in Plover, WI. Tracy left a little earlier than I did on Friday, riding the motorcyle loaned to him  by the Anderts. While he took a leisurely ride on the back roads with friends, Mark and Brad, I leisurely drove north, stopping at garage sales along the way. By the time I got to Plover, I looked like a person who lives out of their car, with all the purchases I made. Of course, very few of them are for me~the grandkids are the primary recipients; what fun!

On Saturday Tracy, Neal, Ginny (Neal's friend), and I suited up to canoe the Plover River. Last year's blog this same time spoke of Neal and I also canoeing, but down the Tomorrow River. The Plover had a little more adventure for us, a little more wildlife; and, a little more horsing around since there were four of us. By the time we landed at Jordan Park, our destination, the bottom of our boat was filled with water.

As we meandered downstream, dodging limbs and rocks, we were given the gift of seeing trout, two bald eagles, a muskrat, and a deer gliding across the stream. At one point Ginny and I burst into song with the Doxology~"Praise God from Whom all blessings flow; praise Him all creatures here below; praise Him above, ye heavenly hosts; praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost."

Oh, the sounds! Nothing but the chirping of birds, rippling of water, rustling of the trees, and laughing. Sounds like a pretty good day to me!

No comments: